Why support A Mother’s Kiss?
A Mother’s Kiss receives no public funding from federal, state, or local governments. Our contributions come solely from individuals and corporations that want to make a difference in the lives of the very special families we help.
The support of caring people like you helps ensure that A Mother’s Kiss will continue our mission of helping the families of childhood cancer patients in the Long Island area. The demand for our services continues to grow and we can’t do it without the continued support of our benefactors.
How are donations used?
Families currently undergoing the process need help in shouldering the financial burdens associated with treatment, such as:
- Mortgage, rent, and utility bills
- Unpaid deductibles, co-pays, and medical bills
- Parking, fees, and transportation costs
- Meals and lodging away from home
- The costs of private nursing and home care
- Certain household expenses
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Plus many other expenses too numerous to mention
We are very proud to say that A Mother’s Kiss is an all-volunteer organization. Our officers and directors receive no form of compensation and we keep office and administrative expenses to a bare minimum. No salaries or consulting fees are paid to outside individuals. During the past five years, 96 cents of every dollar received has directly gone towards helping the families.*
* These values are representative only as examples. Your donation will be used to support the organization’s cost of providing assistance to families of childhood cancer patients.