We had the pleasure of partnering with The Sunrise Fund to host some of the families from Stonybrook Hospital’s Pediatric Oncology program.
The weather cooperated with us and we had a nice, sunny (and hot) afternoon to have a day of fun, food, music and dancing. Although attendance was a little light this year, those that braved the heat had the time of their lives as they laughed and played away the afternoon.
The kids were treated to a host of fun activities including:
- Face Painting
- Arts and Crafts
- Bouncing Cages and Inflatables
- A “Dunk the Grown-Up” game
- DJ and Dancing
- A Supreme “Silly String” Fight
- A good mid-afternoon soaking by the Ridge Fire Department
- Gifts and Prizes
- And lets not forget ……… the Annual Pie Eating Contest (no hands.)
We look forward to our picnic each and every year. It gives the kids a chance to get out and just be kids for an afternoon.
LOCATION: Firemans Park - Ridge, NY
START DATE: August 17th, 2013